This weekend I went on a quick road trip with my sister! We've never done that before. Our destination: MTL. Our purpose: Cirque du Soleil and shopping. And we did a good job of it! We hit H&M on our way in (my first H&M experience was in Milan with Cookies a few years ago). This was my sister's first visit, and I do not think she was disappointed. Needless to say, we left with a heavy bag each. Then we headed downtown for a bit more serious shopping - Simon's, shoe shopping, Zara, Mango, and BCBG. I got a dress for Stef's wedding at the last one. I haven't bought a 'real' dress, maybe ever (high school grad perhaps?). That place was insane! I came away with the dress and while the saleswoman was really nice and extremely attentive, I wasn't buying the $250 shoes. Then Cirque du Soleil... I counted, this was my fourth show. It's a brand new one called Kooza and I have to say - the BEST one I've seen yet!! WOW! We were on the edges of our seats for many of the acts. My sister said her hands were sweating. The stuff they did left your jaw on the ground. If you haven't seen a show, do it - it's always worth the money.
Then Monday night, a last minute offer to ride with a couple of the strongest riders in our group. I haven't ridden with them yet. We did about 50k and it was really great. I pulled for quite a while in the wind and was strong. And Frank noted that I kept up with them on the hills - I'm stronger than last year. :) Today I stuck to my promise to Jessica that I would cross train and I went to the gym (easier to do when it's raining). And with an offer to get to the park on Friday afternoon, I decided to take the day off! Extra long weekend - woo-hoo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment