Saturday, May 05, 2007

Content

I'm surprised how quickly I was able to think of another adjective starting with the letter 'c'. That's me right now. I'm going to have an epsom salts bath and do some serious stretching. This morning I did strength training with Jessica and even though she knew I was going to go climb hills this afternoon, we still did squats with a kick (no weight at least) and hamstrings. Yikes! When I got to Fortune Lake hill my quads were burning before I even started. But I made it!! Luckily that hill has a few flat spots where you can recover a bit and I actually recovered really well on those parts. I have this funny thing about riding, where I seem to be strongest in the last leg of a ride. So after Fortune Lake I seemed to be able to stand up and climb fast on the short hills. Weird. There is this nice, quick, moderately steep climb right before you get back to the Gamelin parking lot and Ruth and I climbed it standing doing 30kph!!! I was shocked when I looked down. The descent right before didn't hurt to get our speed up. And one more thing about today's ride was that Pink Lake, while still very challenging for me (granny gear territory), didn't seem as bad as my imagination leads me to believe. I think after a summer of Gat Loops I'm going to crush that f-ing hill! The wind was something fierce today too. We did not go as fast as usual on the big descents for fear of being blown over. Seriously. And there were trilliums everywhere in the forest. I don't think I've seen them like that before - the whole forest floor covered in them. Very pretty.
So, as you can tell, my bike is back in working order. A very nice bike fairy fixed a broken spoke for me. :) Tomorrow - Tour Nortel.

No comments: