Wow. I can't remember ever having a weekend that left me feeling the way this last one has. I took Friday off work - although, I have to admit, since I didn't have my computer the whole week and just got it back Thursday late-day, I did catch up on a few emails Friday morning... BUT after that, I headed out to Gatineau Park and did a loop with Ruth. Then I came home, packed up and cleaned up a little, and then headed down to Kingston. I had a fun evening with Shannon and her hubby. Next morning Shannon and I got up and rode to their family cottage with her brother. Her husband drove the car out later with our stuff. It was a really great ride from the edge of Kingston out to Otter Lake. The weather was great. We stopped a couple of times and took some photos. It was all rolling hills, so my legs felt it after doing the hills the previous day, but in the end it still felt really good. We did a few less km's than I'd anticipated, and none of us minded. Next day after a little work around the cottage (we found a baby racoon) and a trip into Newboro, I headed home and had dinner with friends and went out to one of the local clubs - although it was pretty quiet on Sunday night. Monday I did another really great ride with 4 other friends from the regular crew. The wind was crazy and I was happy to have our two strongest pulling into the headwind - although I think the crosswind was the worst. Despite some asthma (allergy season is upon us) on the hills early in the ride, the last 20K felt really good. Even the headwind at the end was a challenge, but felt good. When I got home I spent the rest of my day cleaning like a mad-woman. One of the people I cycled with last year in France is doing a tour of Canada (she's from Dublin!) and is meeting me in Kingston this week and driving back to O-town with me. So I had to clean my place! It was the motivation I needed to do it.
So, with all of the riding and fresh air, and cleaning my place I finished the weekend feeling really great. I didn't touch my computer. As a result, this morning I woke up at 6 AM and got up without any problem! Wow! And I didn't go to bed early either. So, what's the trick? I don't know, but I need to figure it out. I want to become more of a morning person and this morning gave me hope that I might be able to do it. Maybe I just need to have 4 day weekends all the time. Wishful thinking?
No comments:
Post a Comment