Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 is a wrap...

... well almost. I guess we have a little under 12 hours now. I felt like I should wrap it all up today - the blog. Not permanently, of course. It's been fun posting here - even non-travel related stuff. I've been surprised at who all reads this: friends, family, friends' husbands, people I don't even know, etc. And I'm glad to have added to the sites that entertain all of you victims of the cube farm. Thanks for reading!


I think 2006 was one of my busier travel years. I spent my usual amount of time in the Big Smoke (I never really keep track of how many times I go there per year) - kicking it off with a non-business related trip to attend Festivus with some crazy chicks packed into my car last January. Got to MTL a few times - which is always so much fun! That city has to be one of the best in our country! Across the border, I spent last Christmas (technically not this year, I suppose) in STL. In May there was NYC for the ASH conference and some old school partying over the long weekend... haven't done that in a while. In the summer I spent most of my time local on the bike, but took a quick jaunt out to the Island to visit the fam. Then the long weekend in September was spent in Lake Placid - a little rainy, but we made the most of it. Later that month I completed my Canadian province list and finally visited the Rock. It was beautiful and fun. What a great experience. I have only the territories left to see now. October I took the trip that I saved all of my coin to do this year: cycling in France, as well as a little time in London. An unscheduled and quick road trip back to the Maritimes in November. Quite a bit of travel for sure. As mentioned before, I passed up one final trip this weekend. And for the first time in several years I didn't travel at Christmas. It's been a nice break!


2007 should give me a few more opportunities to take all of you to some cool places around the world again. I'm looking at visiting the Windy City for a long weekend perhaps. I'm sure to be heading down to TO a bunch of times. Our work conference schedule is yet to be finalized, but I may have some interesting opportunities there. I have a trip to MTL already scheduled. NB in October for my sister's wedding for sure - I'm the maid of honour. I have a bunch of cycling trips in the works for the summer months. My big, off the continent trip is booked already. I'm taking that one earlier this year... I'll be heading there in 3 short months and I'm definitely looking forward to it!! More on that to come, so stay tuned...


Happy New Year!!!

No comments: