Friday, December 15, 2006

Local Misadventures

I suppose like anyone else: sometimes I can be a real dumbass! This week I had the opportunity to practice my skills as a bonehead. How fun! The nice thing about doing something stupid is laughing about it later. And that is something I'm pretty good at now. To commemorate my dumbass move this week I have compiled a list of learnings interspersed with a few pats on the back, and some self-deprecation:
  1. Excessive independence has lead to my ability to take care of myself in just about any situation possible.
  2. I can think quick on my feet and clearly in stressful situations.
  3. Cycling has given me the physical strength to push my SUV several metres, unaided, while wearing heels!
  4. RCMP officers are really nice. And cute. And did I say really nice? Even to stupid girls. Or at least girls who have had a momentary lapse in their typical level of intellectual acuity.
  5. The backseat of a cop-car has zero leg room.
  6. I am grateful for interesting moments - from the mundane to the insane - that make my life anything but dull. Even if they sometimes come at the expense of my own ego.

4 comments:

jag said...

What a great testament to your growth!! Needless to say, your #5 has piqued my curiousity. :-) Looking forward to connecting over a cup of coffee over the holidays...

PAX,

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think the whole thing was staged when you spotted the cute officers ;)

~Mir

Becks said...

he, he... oh - you've got me pegged. ;)
As you can see I purposely didn't post what my bonehead move was. Only those who read the blog get to know. Just thought I'd have some fun with it!

Stuart said...

Heels I like. SUVs, not so much. But a great image nonetheless. Don't you just love that word?

Stuart