Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mele Kalikimaka

One of my fave songs from Christmas childhood... never thought I could really see it practically come true while living in the coldest capital in the world!!!! Geez! On Christmas Eve day I went out to Farhaven to visit Ms. Cookies and passed a lot of cyclists and thought I should have biked there! I wasn't just fantasizing - I seriously regretted not going outside on the bike. It was sunny and I'm not sure what the temp was, but maybe like 8 or something. Ok. So, it has gotten colder since then, but only marginally, and there is really very little snow. I'm scared. I've got lessons booked mid-Jan. I want to get out on the skis.... Thankfully the first weekend of Jan was totally booked or I'd be screwed, because that's the one I wanted to book. It's the weekend I did it last year and the snow was amazing!! So far (my weather compulsion never fails me) there is nothing forecast for the next 14 days. Yeah, I know. They can't really predict weather outside of the next day or two. Let's hope things change. Who would have thunk it? Living in the world's coldest capital city and you might just enter the month of January on the plus side of zero? Wow.

Otherwise, I haven't gotten on the computer in days and I just have to put in a little complaint - I had almost 200 spams! I HATE spam!!! I've been spending my days staying up too late, sleeping in too late, spending a lot of time on the trainer, making several variations on my protein bars, trying out other cool recipes (but still sticking to my program - I've completely cut out junk food now), not studying for my upcoming exam enough, and taking naps - even though I've already had like 10-12 hours of sleep each night. Oh, the life of one with little responsibility. Sigh. I love it!

As for travel - I almost ended this year on a high note when it comes to my wanderlust: New Years in Miami with the Beans... alas, with the impending doom of the annoying Cardiology exam looming over me, general burnout, and spending that money on personal training... well, it just wasn't in the cards.

No comments: