Monday, October 16, 2006

Nice, Monaco and vegging out

When I arrived here yesterday I found very little open (Sunday is still a sacred day in these parts). However, I did find Galleries LaFayette was open and yay! they had towels on sale so I bought one super-cheap for my stay this week at the hostel. Speaking of which, it turned out to be pretty nice and I may stay here all week and just take day trips everywhere. I'm feeling pretty burnt out and although I had a few ideas of what else I might do, whenever I think about packing up the bag and throwing it on my back to change locations again I can't bear it. When I initially finished the bike tour I was kinda missing the gang and really missing the bike. I looked into renting one here but it's always the same crappy hybrid or mtb to rent to doddle around town. Not to offend those who like to do that - it's just not what floats my boat, I'm afraid. Anyway, met some nice people at the hostel from Brazil, Colombia, New Zealand, and Wales. A few of us went out for drinks together last night. It was an early night as most of us were pretty bagged, but fun to get out with others. Today I spent the morning getting my bearings here in Nice. Spent some time at the Monoprix buying some food and figuring out what I want to do this week. Spent the rest of the day in Monaco. It is very beautiful there - wow. The weather is amazing and I think I may go to the beach tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having lots of fun. I'm envious! Be safe and keep us up to date.

Dad.

Anonymous said...

Hi honey,
I have been reading .... beach?.. Did someone say water, sun, sand....? We are all fine. Miss talking to you. Be safe..
MOM xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, we had our SWARMING (Swimming Pool/Housewarming) Party on Saturday. The water was 86 degrees and we had a ball. Dave was in his usual rare form and a good time was had by all. I wish you had been there. Sure seems like you are having fun. See you when you get back.

Cheers

Becks said...

hey doucettes! sorry i missed the swarming party!!! :( as long as dave didn't break any bones this time around, i'm sure it was all good! :) looking forward to spinning when back - maybe carl will get out on the bike outside again this yr with me. glad you've been on the blog. ciao!