I arrived safe and sound and 50 mins early this morning at Heathrow. Passport control had almost no line-up - oh, sorry - cue. And My bag was there when I got out of the loo. Woo-hoo! I tried my hardest to sleep on the plane - even had the whole 2 seats in my row to myself, but alas, I was only tormented by drifting in and out of some form of delerium. Every time I was slipping into REM I woke up abrubtly, having a hard time breathing in that stale, dry, dry, dry air. I drank a litre of water and 3 teas on the flight. Anyway, I'm here and I'm totally jet-lagged, but dropped my bag off at the hostel and headed out sight-seeing in the pouring rain. I got a tube pass since I had to take it to get into town, and it's good for the buses too. I took Bina's advice and hopped on a double decker city bus and went to Camden Town. Super fun. Reminds me of Soho in NYC. I may go back there to get some souvenirs on the way home. I'm desperately fighting the urge to head up to my room now and sleep. I need to adjust to the time zone, so I'd rather stay up and go to bed at a normal London hour and be ready to go in the morning. I think tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, so I'll walk around the city and then head to Stansted. My flight to France is at 6 AM Sunday morning, so I'll be staying near the airport Sat night.
Cheerio!
2 comments:
Wow, you made it. I'm sorry to hear that its raining in London, but somehow that doesn't surprise me. Good idea about waiting it out and trying not to be tempted by sleep - and an even BETTER idea was taking the double decker!!! Have fun! Guess who???
Beans - you bum! How are you?? Thanks for the tip. I need to go buy a towel - last minute I decided to take it out of my pack and guess what? At hostels they don't give you one! Ha! Look who's a spoiled pharma rep. ;)
Ciao babe!!
Becks
Post a Comment