Monday, October 23, 2006

The Good Life

Guess where I am right now? I am surfing free internet while enjoying free, and quite amazing (maybe only b/c it's free & this is a whole new experience) food and drink in the "London Lounge" at the Heathrow Airport (this is the lounge I get to enjoy courtesy of a free Maple Leaf lounge pass). Sweet!!! This is the life. I had a fun (although wet yet again) day yesterday here with my friend Tricia. Went to the Tate Modern briefly; finally, on my 3rd visit here I went to Harrrod's - holy shit! In Covent Garden, not far from my hotel, we enjoyed lunch & later we had fish and chips at a place with a cool view of the Thames. I have to say, after hosteling it most of last week, when I got to my hotel yesterday I was in heaven!!! It was a really nice place, but I appreciated it so much more. I was like a kid in a candy store - checking out all of the switches & gadgets & bathroom stuff in the place. It was pricey, but worth every penny!
I'm looking forward to coming home today. I have random thoughts on the whole trip which I may take some of my 7.5 hour flight to jot down and maybe share some later. So I hope you have enjoyed traveling with me these past 18 days!

No comments: