Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Extra Looong Weekend #1 Report

Wow. What a wonderful extra loooong weekend I had! Took me this long to post about it. Spent some time up at my totally, wicked, amazing friend, Mimi's cottage. We canoed and I even went 'swimming' in the lake 3 times! My version of swimming is floating around with a pool noodle tied very securely around my waist. This is huge for me. Just last summer I was up with the majority of Mim's family and her dad snapped a photo of us in the lake since it was the first time since I've known them and been going to their cottage (we're talking nearly 2 decades) that I went in the water. Saturday's ride got rained out and I cleaned the apt instead. Actually, that was really good to do. No regrets there. And then when I got home from the cottage on Monday I did my first gats loop in 4 weeks. At first I felt wobbly and I was horking a lot of stuff out of my lungs - you forget that the hills are a different beast altogether and your lungs suffer when you aren't used to them. Or maybe it was allergies. Either way, once I coughed some stuff up a few times up Fortune my legs were also warming up and the ride was a good one. One extra looong weekend down, a couple more to go! Don't you just love summer?





(that's the moon, btw - cool eh?!)

No comments: