Friday, July 27, 2007

Looooong Weekend #1

This is the first of my extra looooong weekends this summer. Since I've already been to Panama, going to take time off for the big wedding day in the fall, I decided to take days here and there. As a result of always taking big trips on my holidays, I've never actually just taken long weekends here and there. Was I ever looking forward to today for the last week!

This morning I actually got up at around 6:45 AM (yes, on my day off - sigh). 7:30 was the only appt I could get before the chiro who's been working on my calf takes off for her holidays. But it meant getting a good first meal in before heading out later in the AM for the first of my extra looooong weekend rides with my friends who also had the day off. :) Did we ever have fun! It's a scorcher out there though. Once Marcia sends the pictures from our lunch stop I'll post one - I don't think we could have fit any more glasses of water and pop and iced tea on our table. Hydration, hydration, hydration.

My calf is 99% better. I still had to back off a lot in the last couple of weeks and stop being so stubborn. It taught me a lot. About not being so stubborn. And about backing off and checking the ego at the door about doing slower rides. Well, I guess it wasn't totally an ego thing - I was also really wanting to push to get better. The group is so strong this year, so I don't want to fall behind. Luckily I have a few wise friends who give me amazing advice which I soak up like a sponge. I'm also behind in my km's goal, but that's ok. I may still hit my target by end of season. I'll surpass 2000 km tomorrow.

Well, back to more R&R.... sorry if you are reading this at work. ;) (sort of)

No comments: