Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Best Laid Plans...

I had big plans for riding over the long weekend. None of which came to fruition. Well, not that I couldn't have joined in on some really great riding, but for the fact that my calf muscle was not in riding shape. Yes, it's sad, but I didn't mope around about it at least. Perhaps a forced rest period is exactly the right thing at this point. I did a whole lot of pilates this weekend, which is good. So my core is in good shape for riding - once I'm allowed to ride for more than half an hour... which is supposed to be this weekend. I did go and get ART. Wow. It really hurts. And I still have to get more. I was told no climbing hills - only short, easy, flat rides of half an hour this week. Well, as you might imagine - I have not gone out on the bike. I know, I know. I think I might tomorrow. It's just that, as I said to one of my runner-friends: it's like getting dressed up for a run and only going out for 10 minutes. Yeah, if you can imagine that, then you know where I'm coming from. One super-cool thing that I did on the long weekend was to have my bike fit assessed. There were a few small adjustments made that may help with certain repetitive strain scenarios not happening again in the future. We also measured my shoulder width and 38 cm bars are going to be way better for me - when I get them, that is. Still waiting on that. Looking forward to some solid hours on the weekend.

As for travel plans... I'm working on something for the winter. Yes, I took a bit of hiatus from thoughts of globetrotting, but of course, that could never have lasted too long. :) This trip will likely not be the philanthropic adventure I had started thinking about, but that is still top of mind. I usually have a few thoughts on where the next couple of trips might take me. Time will tell.

No comments: