And I promised to do some.
And I kept that promise and did a few with increasing time each ride.
Small chainwheel, spinning it out easy. The legs felt good moving.
Went out yesterday alone because I wasn't sure how I'd do with the group pushing me to go harder.
In the middle ring (ok, so I was cheating a little on the recovery... you know, you get moving and you want to keep up the momentum), I had to gear up to keep it easy going up a little hill and WHAM! rear derailleur into the spokes. WTF?????
Broke a spoke and rode home on it (luckily wasn't so bad).
My new handlebars came in end of week and I was taking the bike in to get them installed that afternoon anyway.
Second new spoke on the rear wheel now, and derailleur adjusted, all is well with the world again.
And my new handlebars are so awesome!!!!! New handlebars, new stem, new cleats. Wow... I'm all set!

Since it's raining today, I'm taking the time for core work, and this Yin Yoga I've discovered. More ART tomorrow. After yesterday I feel like I'm good to get out for some more challenging rides with the group. With more climbing needed to be ready for the next trip, I may try to do my first double loop of the park soon. I need a good calf muscle to do that, so wish me well.
No comments:
Post a Comment