Friday, June 01, 2007

Ouch #3 (I think)

For some reason (likely not enough stretching on my part) this week my legs were really sore. So I finally broke down and went to yoga on Monday night. I've been telling myself that I need to go for, oh I don't know, 10 months or so. I used to go much more regularly. So I bought a package and I'm committed now. I've got to keep my muscles flexible. Unfortunately I had let it go too long though, and ended up at the massage therapist on Wednesday night. I got a new massage therapist since my regular one changed offices and, well who knows, I just didn't wind up going there. So, this guy used to work on the Russian Olympic team or something, recommended by boyko, who is an insane runner now. My hamstrings were all glued together I guess. Ouch. It hurt. I hope to get in two good rides this weekend. My asthma has been bad this week tho, so I need to listen to my lungs. I also bit the bullet and am really, seriously looking at getting my bike fit sorted out. My wrist is in a lot of pain and I've had this instinct I need smaller handlebars. As well I learned today that I need them a little closer to me - shorter stem. So that's in the works.
Next week my job changes a bit and I won't be traveling the whole of Eastern ON anymore. I'm grateful for that. But of course, with new reps joining the team, there is a lot to do in terms of transitioning work. So I'll be traveling a bit in the next 2 months for work, as well as for cycling. The first cycling trip is only 2 weeks away. So cross your fingers for me that my asthma starts to settle down and the exhaustion I've been feeling this week subsides.


(JFF - Check out one of my new Shebeest tops)

No comments: