Wednesday, June 20, 2007

An evening in the life...



OK. So, tonight I went out for our almost regular weekly gats ride with Ruth. I brought my camera, as clunky as it is. I wanted to get some shots of the park - it's so nice. And I wanted to get some shots of just regular cycling stuff. I only ended up doing half the ride because my calf was seizing up on me a few climbs after Pink and I had to leave Ruth to do the rest on her own. :( After I turned around I came right up on a black bear crossing the road!!! I've heard others talk of sightings, but this was my first. WOW! Unfortunately there was no time to take a shot - even with my camera sitting in my shirt pocket. With my sore, seizing calf muscle I took it easy on the way back and took the opportunity to snap lots of photos (partly to not feel down that I wasn't finishing the ride). So here they are...


Ruth after she filled up her water bottles at the Gamelin parking lot.

Pink Lake Lookout.
The sign at the top of Pink's hill - steep decent ahead (which I'd already climbed earlier).

Cycling back - some riders ahead of me.

Hey look! It's me! ;)


The mandatory ride banana.
Poor thing got a little ugly since I didn't eat it on the ride.


Walked past the car window and saw a photo-op. My stuff piled into the car.
Don't you just love my cute polka-dot water bottle?
I know faster riders do - they've told me so when cycling past me. :)


The banana's ride home.

No comments: