Thursday, April 12, 2007

Random Photos

Panama City skyline from Casco Viejo (from the Presidential Palace, in fact - the guards let us wander around on the grounds). The water there is toxic because they dump all of the sewage into the ocean. That's the Pacific Ocean there, btw.
In Casco Viejo: one of those building with all of the guts torn out like I told you about in an earlier post.

These are the ruins of the Spanish fortification on the Caribbean Sea, San Lorenzo (near Portobelo). Pretty nice eh? They built them to defend against the pirates.

Examples of the typical public buses that transport you everywhere. They were old school buses brought in from the US. Each bus driver commissions a 'bus artist' to paint their bus with symbols, pictures, quotes, sayings, etc (quite a lot of it religious), so they are each very unique. In the city, most of the buses blare loud music. I had the privilege of riding on one in Panama City. It costs 25 cents.

I'll post more pictures on the weekend. Between this and crackbook I'm spending way too much time on this computer. I've got to go to bed.

No comments: