This is called procrastinating on getting ready for the meeting I'm leaving for tomorrow. I was out for a really nice ride today and one of my friends mentioned I should write about my crash last week. I'll be brief, as I don't feel like re-hashing it a million times over and I want to try to forget about it now... in short: a real a-hole of a cyclist came up behind me as I made a left hand turn (thankfully at the end of my totally amazing ride), and clipped me. I think it was my back tire. And I went flying across the oncoming lane. I got road rash on my leg, arm, and hand, and some scrapes on my knee, but otherwise I'm ok.
What I'd really rather write about is the amazing weather we've been having and as a result, some great riding. So, my first time out was last Saturday in some colder weather. Then this week I got out Thursday, then only an hour yesterday to make sure my bike was in working order and I got some of my jitters out before heading out with 4 others today. We only went to Manotick and back, but it was really good. And it was challenging in the end because the wind was fierce today! On the way back it ended up being Ruth and I on our own with a tailwind doing 38kph down the airport parkway. :) So I hope to get more km's on this year than last, and I also hope not to zero out my second odometer by accident again. But just in case, I'm going to log my km's so I can keep track. I've seen how other people log their yearly km's and see their progress over the years. I want to do that. Last year I got in just a little under 4000 km. This year I have a lot more tours planned, so I should easily surpass that.
What I'd really rather write about is the amazing weather we've been having and as a result, some great riding. So, my first time out was last Saturday in some colder weather. Then this week I got out Thursday, then only an hour yesterday to make sure my bike was in working order and I got some of my jitters out before heading out with 4 others today. We only went to Manotick and back, but it was really good. And it was challenging in the end because the wind was fierce today! On the way back it ended up being Ruth and I on our own with a tailwind doing 38kph down the airport parkway. :) So I hope to get more km's on this year than last, and I also hope not to zero out my second odometer by accident again. But just in case, I'm going to log my km's so I can keep track. I've seen how other people log their yearly km's and see their progress over the years. I want to do that. Last year I got in just a little under 4000 km. This year I have a lot more tours planned, so I should easily surpass that.
No comments:
Post a Comment