In K-town again the last couple of days and they had something on called "Feb-fest". I really like the atmosphere in Kingston. It's a pretty nice place. They had a bunch of stuff set up down at the waterfront. When I passed by I had one of those 'wish I had a camera-phone' moments, so I could snap a pic for the blog. I have a decent phone, and I'm determined not to get a new one until I absolutely have to. I'm tired of considering so many of my belongings as disposable, waiting for the next, new trend. Anyway - they had this huge blow-up snow globe and people were playing inside of it! I didn't have time to go down there and see if I could play inside of it too. Maybe next year.
Here at home, it seems my neighbourhood has been invaded by the canal enthusiasts. Old man winter has definitely made his presence known in the last couple of weeks and Winterlude has lift-off! And we were worried that we wouldn't see winter... bah! This is Canada people! Let me mock myself - I was doubtful for a while. There are pluses and minuses to living in such close proximity to the famous canal. I personally find the positives seem to outweigh the negatives. My main concern for the weekend is that I can find a parking spot when I go to work with the trainer. Oh, and that the wind chill isn't too bad tomorrow afternoon because I plan to get out on the skis too.
And on a warmer note - I have signed up for the Rideau Lakes Tour. My first time. Actually the first time for most in the group I cycle with. Should be fun!
Here at home, it seems my neighbourhood has been invaded by the canal enthusiasts. Old man winter has definitely made his presence known in the last couple of weeks and Winterlude has lift-off! And we were worried that we wouldn't see winter... bah! This is Canada people! Let me mock myself - I was doubtful for a while. There are pluses and minuses to living in such close proximity to the famous canal. I personally find the positives seem to outweigh the negatives. My main concern for the weekend is that I can find a parking spot when I go to work with the trainer. Oh, and that the wind chill isn't too bad tomorrow afternoon because I plan to get out on the skis too.
And on a warmer note - I have signed up for the Rideau Lakes Tour. My first time. Actually the first time for most in the group I cycle with. Should be fun!

(that's a picture I took of the canal several years ago)
No comments:
Post a Comment