Sunday, January 21, 2007
The Ultimate Day
I promised this one to Mimi. A nick-name I never call her, but is hers for the purpose of the blog. She told me on Friday that the following day I was to have "the ultimate day". I laughed and said I'd have to blog that one. My day: up early, pack up my stuff and layer up... off to my "novice" xc ski lessons. It was cold: -25 windchill, but that didn't matter with the layers and the effort, I was sweating. It was a good lesson, other than the fact that I had a crap sleep the night before so by the end of the 2 hours I was starting to get a bit too tired and couldn't get the new turning thing we were learning and got pretty frustrated (hello - can we say perfectionist??). Anyway, then I got home, quickly ate, showered and headed out to K-town to meet up with Mimi for our little birthday treat to each other. We were born 2 days apart and typically celebrate together. I think it's been that way since we were in our mid-teens. This year we decided to go to the spa and get manicures together. I don't even know when I last did that - years ago. It was fun. After that we shopped for a couple of hours. Then we met up with 3 other friends for dinner, which was fabulous. And then we went to see a movie: The Pursuit of Happyness. It was a really good movie, btw. I'd recommend it. After the movie I was way too tired to do anything else so I came home to crash, as I also had to get up again today for my last lesson. So there you have it: skiing, spa-ing, shopping, dinner, movie. The Ultimate Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It truly was a fabulous day!
It's been great to share a birthday with such a good friend.
Especially since you're older ;)
xo Mimi
Oooooooh....
The old bag here will be sure to fiddle with your cables on Saturday!
With age comes wisdom (I hope).
Bex
Post a Comment