Monday, November 27, 2006
The Limestone City
This is travel related - albeit work travel. I discovered this little place in Kingston, to which I've grown quite partial to staying when I have overnights down here. It's less expensive than the hotel the travel dept used to set me up in and has waaaaaayyyyy more character. It was originally an old Tuscan villa and is now a B&B. The room I always request is in the old carriage house - stone walls, super cool shower, etc. You know the stuff that makes you feel all chichi, when you really aren't. ;) The wireless isn't so great over there, so tonight I came over to the main house and am currently seated in front of the gas fireplace doing my work. The inn's golden retriever, Katie, was just visiting with me. Holly, the 'inn-keeper' brought me a tea... AND cookies! Wretched cookies! I am so committed... so freaking committed to my program - I have not had even the slightest nibble. I can smell them. They are sitting on the table right beside me. I just didn't have the heart to tell her to take them away. So tonight I practice will power and self control. I'm doing quite well. THANK GOD!!! And speaking of my program, I did an 'endurance ride' tonight on the spin bike at the gym before they all piled in for spin class (yes, I drew the line and left my bike and the trainer at home - lol!!), then my core & balance stuff - which thankfully I am getting better at. Didn't realize that I was slightly off balance before I started this stuff. The first week I was cursing myself up and down over my balance. Tonight I was dancing silent victory dances in my head. Then I met up with one of my colleagues for dinner at the hole in the wall I have to go to whenever I'm here - a Vietnamese place called Saigon Delights on Bagot St. It's all SB's fault for introducing it to me last year and now I cannot stay here and not go. I get #18 and I always try to get extra vegetables and half the rice, but they only seem to understand my request about half the time. You know, asking for less rice is very confusing and all. I've definitely gotten more veggies before - and they refuse to charge me for it! It's that type of place. It's also about the only place I can seem to use chopsticks properly. It must be that it's so budget that I'm not intimidated or something. It was fun to get together with this colleague, as she's new - filling SB's mat leave - and I'm excited to report that I've found another cyclist!! Uh-oh... ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This place sounds positively delightful! Well, I guess if you must be away, be away in style... Thanks for telling us about these little gems.
PAX,
Post a Comment