Sunday, November 12, 2006
I didn't electrocute myself!
I wanted to post this separate from the trip stuff - I did it! I learned a thing or two about electrical work this weekend. I used the rickety old wooden ladder that RO has stored in the basement (chances were probably better of that thing collapsing or me falling off of it than me dying of electrical shock) - he might actually start thinking about hiding things like that from me now that I'm getting more adventurous about what I can do around here! lol! It took a while to get the wires secured. It's actually kind of tricky and annoying to get them to stay put and stick them in those little plastic things - I can't remember the name of them right now. BTW, the original light wasn't grounded. I attached the ground wire and everything in the new one. I was so proud of myself that I called up my friend, Mir, and said: "Guess what I did??". She told me she was afraid to ask. Ha, ha! Maybe I'm not as predictable as I once thought. The light is much better than the other one and it's more energy efficient too. I learned a bit about fluorescent vs incandescent, etc. I was going to take a picture of it and the rickety ladder, but frankly couldn't be bothered in the end and figured you all probably don't really care that much anyway. I just had to brag about my handywoman skills is all. :) Oh yeah - and I also learned how to make my own protein bars this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment