Sunday, September 24, 2006

Back Home

Well, I'm home thanks to my sis! I'm totally wiped and ready for bed, but thought I'd post one last time on this trip. Last night at dinner I'm 95% certain we sat beside Mary Walsh. Nic didn't know who she was, but I thought it was pretty cool. I always liked her skits when she dressed up kinda like Sheera and taunted the PM. Anyway, this morning I woke up feeling like a truck hit me. It's the combination of walking for at least 3 days straight up and down those crazy, steep hills around St. John's - how do they drive there in the winter?? Yikes! And also the hike around Signal Hill yesterday, combined with sleeping in a couple of different beds this week. That's certainly one drawback to traveling a lot: I find that even if a bed is comfortable, it's not yours. And the longer you sleep in it, eventually you'll live to regret it. So chiro and massage appt are on the agenda before I head to France. Nicole left this morning after breakfast for a very, very long flight back to the west coast and I left a couple of hours after her. In the meantime I took one last walk around town (I dragged my sore butt out to do it) - it was a really beautiful day. I am so happy that I can now say I have been to all 10 provinces in Canada! And I have to say that I am grateful for having such privileges in my life. I've inserted a sneak peek at what will come soon in the photos section (me at Cape Spear)...
(PS: I did get to kiss a cod! Oh my GOD did it ever smell bad!!!)

2 comments:

jag said...

Welcome back! I tried to leave a comment earlier, but I'm not sure it worked... In any case, thanks for bringing us along for the ride. Sounds like a typical NFLD experience. Did you go to Chess' for fish n chips?!

PAX,

Anonymous said...

What a beautful pic!

bon