I am soooooooooooo tired! 6 hours of traveling kind of hit me hard after such a busy week. Friday night I stayed out with my colleague and a few of our friends, then had to be at a conference for 8 AM on Saturday. Didn't get home until 5 PM, and still hadn't started packing for this trip. Got to bed at midnight last night, up at 6 AM today to leave for the Rock. Needless to say, for someone who, before traveling abroad could not sleep anywhere foreign, I did a lot of sleeping on the plane today - both flights! I was one of those people who was catching flies and people point and laugh at. Thank GOD I don't snore!! (I hope)
It's 8:30 PM at home right now - 10 PM here and I'm going to bed now. I didn't get to see much of the view coming into St. John's - not because of the weather, but because I was in an aisle seat (which is my preference, actually, so I'm not put out by it at all), and the wing was in the way. Stupid wing. Do we really need a wing on the plane? ;) I have an amazing view of the harbour from my hotel room! We had a great dinner tonight - crabcakes, salmon, etc. Everyone I was with had something that came out of the ocean. Walked down George St on our way back to the hotel. That's pretty much all we've had time to do so far since we arrived around 5 PM. It's not warm here, but not really that cold either. Won't really matter tomorrow as we'll be in meetings all day anyway. Plan for tomorrow is to get up and join 3 of my colleagues in the gym at 6 AM. Who wants to place bets on whether or not I'll actually do it? Ha, ha! I'll let you know how I make out on that front.
No comments:
Post a Comment