Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Solstice Century

Thanks to a few friends who accompanied me, I did my first imperial century yesterday - in fact the total was 103 miles (167 km). We had one of the best days you could ask for to do it - sunny, not too hot though, low winds, quiet roads. Wow! Being the longest day of the year, it seemed fitting to do my longest ride thus far in my cycling life. I was thinking that we might want to make it the first annual, however the date doesn't fall on the weekend every year. Maybe we'll all have to take a vacation day if it falls on a weekday? ;) Sometimes life seems to revolve around the bike. I don't mind though - there are worse things. So I've just been resting and recovering. Need to stretch more. The only real sore spots are the usual ones that I get once I clock more than 100 km on the bike: the shoulders and neck. I wish I had unlimited massage benefits. Mine are already run out. Sigh.

No comments: