
Good morning! I've been up for a little bit here trying to figure out what I'm going to do in the wee hours - it's only 7 AM on the west coast here. I'm in San Francisco! This is my first visit to SF. So far what I've seen is very beautiful. It's a very clean city. I saw the street cleaner going by just a few minutes ago. Most of the city buses run on electric cables and there are lots of street cars. Yes, I saw - and heard - the SF cable car from the TV commercials of our youth. In fact, my room looks out on one of the lines and when I got up this morning I opened my doors and looked out to see one going by. I'm staying at a really swank place right down on the water in a part of the city called The Embarcadero. Driving in from the airport, you can really see how the city is all hills and housing developments are all built into the hills. The buildings downtown here are very nice. I haven't seen much yet. The vast majority of my day yesterday was spent on the airplane and when I got here I was fried. I am here for a conference too, so I won't be out touring around quite yet, I have work to do. But I've taken a couple of days for myself before I leave so I can get acquainted with the place. For now I'm going to go work out at the gym, get some breakfast and head to the convention.
No comments:
Post a Comment