A while ago I added the Labour Environmental Alliance to my list of sites on the right there. I read a copy of their Cancer Smart Guide a couple of years ago and subsequently bought several copies and gave them out to my family. Actually, I put them in their stockings. I think they thought I was on crack that Christmas. All joking aside, it's very useful and I've changed a lot of my consumer habits when it comes to beauty/skincare products and household cleaning products as a result. I thought I'd share something I just saw on the news regarding baby care products tonight. I'm a moisturizing addict, so I am really careful about what I put on my body now that I'm better informed. I read all the labels and I generally buy most of my products at the health food store now. Some of the brands I use I've listed there under my health section too. There are some great small businesses from around our local/rural area and in Canada that you can support and be smarter about beautifying yourself at the same time.
And then another topic that came up with a friend of mine recently regarding the plastic water bottles. It says a lot when a large Canadian company pulls them off the shelf.
No comments:
Post a Comment