Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Single Life

This weekend was epic (not a new word, but a bit of a joke - although the person for whom the joke would ring true does not read this blog, funny for me alone I guess). I spent my time skate skiing both days. The weather was the best of the whole season, with the snow conditions being really great - perhaps not the best snow conditions, but combine them with the amazing sunny days and the total package was, well - EPIC. :) Beyond that I did very little else. I did some laundry. I made chili and took it over to my sister's and bother-in-law's for dinner tonight. I did no studying for the exam that's coming up (Neurology), I did not clean the bathrooms, I did not vacuum (something I've been meaning to do for at least 2 weeks now - yeah, I know - gross). I completely flaked out on the couch last night and it took most of today for me to remember what it was on the TV that I was barely half paying attention to for hours (it was Forrest Gump). I did finally do the dishes this afternoon. I waxed my skis twice because I had to change the wax for the different conditions. On Friday I ate peanut butter and jam on toast - 2 pieces - for dinner. Oh. I've even started getting creative with putting together weird combinations of food I want to eat when I'm too lazy to make a real meal. This afternoon, after skiing, it consisted of 2 potato pancake things (these frozen kosher things from the health food store that I wanted to get out of my freezer once and for all) with hummus and salsa on them. Actually, I seem to be putting hummus and salsa combo on lots of things these days. Hmm. Maybe it's not so creative afterall. Oh well. It tastes good. Yes, this is what you call the single life people. The best part about it is that I'm still reveling in it after a few years. I love eating weird stuff and doing whatever I want whenever I want to and not vacuuming and leaving my unfolded laundry all over the couch. It's fun. It's totally liberating. One of the best stages in my life. I'm happy that for once I'm aware - conscious - of what I have today so that I can appreciate it now and not look back later when things have all changed and wish I'd known how great it was at the time. I guess I'm learning that lesson and practicing living in the moment more and more now. So here's to today - and being single and messy and silly. :)

No comments: