Sunday, September 16, 2007
Movie Weekend
Back in the Big Smoke again. I came early so I could spend time here with Ms. Beans. She drove down Friday night and I flew in on Sat afternoon. We stayed with her mom and spent time with her two sisters and her little niece. It was a fun weekend. One of Beans' sisters works for a TV/media company and she got us some tickets to some of the film festival shows. So we went to a movie last night - Eastern Promises. It was the first movie I've gone to in a year or so I think. It's been a while. Movie-going is not on my list of priorities, hence it never happens. I'd rather ride my bike. So anyway, Eastern Promises - quite the film. I have to say, it was very good. Very well done. The story was good. I didn't guess any of the outcomes before they were revealed. That's pretty good. The only thing was that it had some really, really, really graphic violence. That was hard to watch. The older I get the more I cannot tolerate that stuff. I sound old eh? I'm laughing at myself right now. But it's true. Anyway, if you were thinking of seeing it I would highly recommend it - gratuitous violence and all. Unfortunately for me, traveling this weekend meant no cycling. However, I was lucky enough to get out for a extra nice Gats loop on Friday night. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment