Wednesday, May 06, 2009

More OZ

Greetings from Down Under!! I am happy to be here in the lovely warm weather of NSW. Enjoying some more of the sights of Sydney. Yesterday I went on a day trip with Holly to the Blue Mountains. It's actually not mountains, but rather a plateau. The misty air there makes the area blue (hence the name), and that mist is due to all the 100+ species of eucalyptus trees that populate the national park. It was quite beautiful and we had a nice day for it! Sorry, I don't have the energy to post more on it at the moment.

Today we sorted some more things out travel-wise. Amongst other things, I decided to go back to the place where I've stored my bags and get my cycling shoes... I've just seen so many cyclists and I know I'll have some opportunities if I want to hire a bike while on the east coast. Might as well at least take a couple of things that are easy to transport so I can REALLY ride a bike. :) We also visited a neighbourhood here called Glebe!!! How cool is that? It's a funky little neighbourhood not unlike my own back home! :) For anyone visiting here, I'd highly recommend the cafe/restaurant Holly introduced me to there: Badde Manors. Yum!! While walking down one of the main streets here today we also ran smack into 3 guys we'd met back a month or so ago in NZ!! How random is that????!!!! We joked back then that we'd run into each other in Australia. It really happened! Ha! And they were only in the city for the day - quite literally! Wow! These are the totally random and cool things that happen while traveling!

Tomorrow we head north and we're in for quite a treat. Sun, sand, water. Yeah, we're in need of a holiday so here we go!

No comments: