Sunday, May 03, 2009

Final Day in NZ


Wow! I cannot believe that this whole 'living overseas' experience has come to an end already. I am enjoying the rare privilege of the executive class lounge at the Auckland airport right now, taking some time to put down final thoughts on my travels. It's been a really amazing thing - traveling to the other side of the world and experiencing life in another country for a while. I'm really grateful!

Yesterday we had lovely sunny weather in Auckland and I took the opportunity to head out to one of the volcanic cones here and climb up for views of the city. There are several to choose from and I decided I wanted to go to One Tree Hill. There is a lot of historical significance to that cone, not to mention the U2 song that was named after it. One of my roommies from the backpackers came with me too. Otherwise it was a low-key day, spending time organizing my bags (far too much stuff still!!), etc. I won't belabour the topic. Time to move on to new adventures and countries and then back home. Off to warmer climes!!!

2 comments:

jag said...

So, was this better than your original "dream" of a 2-week cycling tour of NZ??!

You go girl! Can wait to see where "we" go next... :-)

xox

Becks said...

100%, absolute YES!!!!
xo