Internet is very expensive here. It works way different than at home, where you pay a flat rate. Here you pay for usage - by how much bandwidth you use. Crazy eh? We are not used to that, us Canuks. So I don't have much time here today. I have toured Northland as much as I have time and money for now. I will write more details on it when I have more time and more internet time. It was super fun. It's beautiful here. I have seen the very large rolling hillsides and sheep and ocean and volcanic rock and lovely beaches and, and, and...
I have updated the pictures section (to the right click the link: Photos of Becks Adventures) and you can see the ones from Northland. Again, when I have more bandwidth to spare I will get the Auckland pics up - although they are sparse. I have decided conclusively that I am not a city girl. I love the quiet of small cities, towns, and countryside. I guess the island way of life is in my blood. PEI will never be far from my heart. NZ reminds me a lot of home - albeit bigger, somewhat more tropical in areas (somewhat - haha!), people seem to talk with a different accent here than they do in PEI... but the lifestyle outside of the city is much the same.
More soon...
2 comments:
The photos are phenomenal....such a blue sky! And that beach!! Thnx for posting them...good to see your smiling face :-)
Great pics! And sandboarding?! Sting!!
Drink it all in, m'friend. Look forward to hearing more...
xox
Post a Comment