Thursday, October 09, 2008

Final Preparations for NZ


Yes, I've been uber-busy. And none of it would probably be interesting enough to write about, so I've spared you all the boredom of reading about the finer details of packing up, moving out, quitting my job, moving again with my sister & her hubby, organizing and re-organizing my things, continuing to get rid of things I don't need, and now... coming down to the final preparations to up and leave. Only a few days left here in the great white north (albeit, not so white at the moment). I'm glad to be here to enjoy the fall colours. I hope to get in a good ride on the bike tomorrow. I learned how to take that lovely steed of mine apart and pack her up for the trip. I've been in touch with some friendly folks down under who may be able to help me along the way. And I'm starting to be more excited than nervous most of the time. :)


So I've transitioned from having a well established career, my own wonderful little apartment, company car, and many a success to jobless, homeless, and car-less. However, even with the nasty cold I was fighting the past week, I've proven you only really need two wheels and a little extra planning to get around. Although there are plenty of people out there who already know that. My current state of being (i.e. jobless, homeless, car-less), perhaps thought to be a little crazy for some, is quite clearly a conscious choice and I don't mind it at all. Well, perhaps I've been too busy to notice. I am nonetheless looking forward to exploring the other side of the world, as well as having far less responsibility than I've had in recent years. So, I may not post again until I arrive. Until then... stay tuned and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: