Mir sent me this video last night and I had to share it...
The Story of Stuff
(it's about 20 minutes in length, so sit back and relax)
It's interesting. I made a comment last week when I was skiing with my friend, Ruth, about wondering whether things are changing, or whether I seem to just be surrounding myself with like-minded people more and more... not sure since I've known Mir since I was fourteen. ;) Perhaps with us it's just a case of growing up together. At any rate, I've definitely been changing my way of life in terms of chemical pollutants, how I eat, a little bit of what I buy (although this gives me even more pause for thought). Something else I've thought about recently (after listening to David Suzuki on CBC a few weeks back) is the impact that air travel has on the environment. It also makes me think more seriously about making my trips more meaningful by contributing something to the places I visit so that perhaps my footprint on the earth when I fly isn't in vain - or at least not just all about me and my pleasure. Hmmm. Anyway... I'm a bit too tired right now from meetings to get overly philosophical about it. Perhaps another time. Just to say though, it gives me pause for thought - and the fact of the matter is, I've already been thinking about this stuff. So in actual fact it gives me more reasons to act. Which I will continue to do. I've already started simplifying my life and consuming less. I know I can do more though.
No comments:
Post a Comment