I came back from the Big Smoke last week with someone else's virus in tow. Thank you to one of the many ill colleagues of mine for that special gift. I spent the whole weekend, starting Friday afternoon literally the minute I landed in my living room, on the couch or in bed. Fever, aching, coughing, and a sore throat so swollen that I actually put an ice pack on it a few times. Go figure that someone who has gotten used to icing sore shoulders and calf muscles would think to put an ice pack on their throat.
Today is my first day back in the real world - and man! the real world is a bit of a mess! I knew that I'd avoided dealing with a major snowstorm while I was in convalescence, but wow - manoeuvring out there is slightly nuts! And it just keeps snowing! Now, I should confess that I'm not all that sad that it's snowing. I'm really looking forward to being in full form by Friday (that's the goal anyway) so I can learn skate skiing!!! :) However, I do have a few things I need to get done - like buy a printer cartridge so I can print my final expense report and send it to my manager - but I ran out of time today since it was so difficult and took so much extra time to get everywhere. And then tonight... well, frankly there were like 20 vehicular accidents listed on the news as I drove home (which, BTW, took me 50 minutes to get home from somewhere that was only 10 mins away!), so I'm not driving out there again tonight. There is an office supply store about 5-6 blocks away, so I could walk there, but the sidewalks aren't plowed and people are resorting to walking on the street... no thanks. Especially not in the dark. Hopefully things will start sorting out overnight and I'll be able to get the many errands I need to do done tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment