Sunday, October 21, 2007

Vive le Quebec!

Bonjour tout le monde! Comment ca va? I don't know how to put the accents on here in the blog. I'd probably have to change the template to French. I know a lot of you don't speak the language and I don't intend on practicing here, so I'll spare you. I'm in Quebec this week. Arrived yesterday. I have an amazing view of the city from my hotel room window, which I'm looking at as I write this. The fall colours are spectacular - still! There's a little river that I can see with a little bridge. I was kinda wanting to stay home this weekend, what with the good weather (hello - get in as many more km's as I can on the bike before it gets put up on the trainer for a few months), and with so much traveling right now. When you think about it all together it's a bit overwhelming. So I guess I have to remind myself of that old saying that never fails: one day at a time. Mm-hmm. That's right. I'm feeling so much better these days (that fatigue thing is finally sorting out). I went out last night with a group of people and got in late. Forgot to change my ringer from "silence" on my cell phone (aka alarm clock) and it didn't wake me up this morning for the 7 AM symposium... I did however, wake up at 6:06 AM on my own, felt the need to check the time and promptly hopped out of bed. OK - who are you? If you told this to my parents they might faint. This is not normal first-child-of-theirs behaviour. It's great though. Maybe I'm easing into morning person territory. I'd love that. You know why? It would mean I would be spry for early morning bike rides. Yes, it's all about the bike. I think my mind was totally not on packing when I did it Friday... forgot one of my suit jackets for a pair of pants I brought, forgot gym socks, forgot my keyfob. I decided, for the first time, to pack my shoes and some of my food in a separate, small bag and check it as well (I always bring snacks and stuff with me so I don't get tempted by the crap they serve at these things). That way I'd have more room to bring stuff back from the congress, as well as not wind up with a bag that's overweight. Well the small bag didn't show up with me. I saw it go on the plane (a prop) in the 'wa. I think it stayed behind in MTL. It arrived a few hours later, but I almost had to wear my sketchers with my suit to the first night at the exhibit (a small embarrassment). Things that make life un-dull. I wasn't panicked though. I figured I'd get the bag. I actually would have been surprised if I hadn't. Where did I find blind faith in Air Canada?

No comments: