I find I'm always split - travel, the bike. Sometimes the two go hand-in-hand very nicely. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes it's ok to hire a crappy old rental bike when I'm travelin' just to shake the cobwebs off the ol' legs. Sometimes it's just not good enough and I am desperate for my own two wheels. Sometimes I see other cyclists when I'm traveling without her and I long to join them. And then there is the back and forth, loss and gain of fitness every time I'm away from riding while I'm out exploring. It really can be a dichotomy for me.
Traveling with the bike is mostly challenging. It's great that it can be done, but it's costly, and tedious. I'm wanting to travel some more right now and I would love to be able to ship my bike home, but it's far, far, far too cost prohibitive. So I'm looking into storing her. I think I've found the place, but man! It's been a bit of a mission (to quote all the Brits I've met - I seem to have latched onto their expressions as much as the Kiwi's). I wish traveling with the bike were easier. Even when I store her I know I'm going to have moments wishing I could go put her back together and get out on the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment