Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Wind and Work
Windy Wellington has certainly been living up to its reputation. While life here the past few weeks has been relatively low key, the wind and weather definitely haven't. Last week I rode my bike once. The other days the wind was up to 70 kph and we had lots of rain. Our race on Thursday was canceled. A bit of an autumn prelude. They do not call autumn, 'fall', as we do back home. I've been working a lot and reading a lot these days. Just kind of settled into a day-to-day life groove here right now. Finished 2 books and onto a 3rd this week - this in only 2 weeks' time. I get into fits and spurts of reading sometimes and it seems I'm in one now. This is good, as I love reading while I travel, so I hope to trade in one of the books I picked up two weeks ago for a used book to take on my next trip - the south of the South Island. I should have far more to post on when my trip gets underway. Fortunately, yesterday we had a turn in the weather and I'm off for a nice ride this evening with my training partner, Jess. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment